Public Transportation Management System (PTMS) is the system performing the organization of all public transportation vehicles in a city according to the requests and needs by ensuring time labour and cost savings.
- Flexible and upgradable
With PTMS the following tasks can be performed;
- Planning of a route in any section of the city, its operating frequency and time schedule and the personnel on duty on the vehicle at the selected time,
- Monitoring maintenance, repair periods and levels of vehicles,
- Stock control of all kinds of materials being used,
- Receiving reports such as consumed fuel, travelled distance, number of passengers being transported and costs, accident and breakdown periods, that would make contribution to the decision support system,
- Making transportation plans more functional as a result of assessment of incoming passenger demands,
- Integration with the existing passenger information systems.
- less human resources being utilized in the corporations,
- Transportation planning can be made sensitive to shorter time periods and adaptable much quicker,
- Efficiency can be increased through planning maintenance and repair of vehicles,
- resource optimization can be achieved as the officials of the corporation see the “big picture” .